Bill has a proven track record of completing Value-Adding assignments for dozens of satisfied clients delivered on time, within budget and at competitive daily rates. At all levels of service he acquires close contact with the empirical geology. He has a clear understanding of the actions required to assess and minimize a project’s geological risk.
Exploration services have been provided to clients in a wide range of environments from Greenland and Scandinavia to the arid landscapes of Mauritania, Pakistan and northern Australia. Rain forest experience has been gained in Sierra Leone, The Philippines, Vietnam, Panama and Tasmania. The principal exploration services provided to clients include:
- Supervision and Management of projects ensuring clear direction and highest technical standards.
- Optimization of exploration strategies based on global experience and extensive empirical study of mineralization systems.
- Efficient, Focused and Cost Effective core logging, handling and sampling tailor-made to meet project objectives.
- Training and Mentoring of geologists and assistants.
- Assessment of geological risk and value adding opportunities.
EVALUATION AND MINING
- Definitive Geological Modelling of mineral deposits to define a stratigraphic/structural framework for drill targeting and planning with the aim of fasttracking Resource addition.
- Upgrading existing geological interpretation to add confidence to Resource models.
- Review and Optimization of metallurgical sampling and sampling strategy.
- Alignment of exploration strategies with geological realities and risks.
- Efficient, Focused and Cost Competitive core logging, handling, sampling and QA-QC.
Bill Sheppard brings extensive mineral deposit experience to all his assignments. Interact with Bill to discuss how a geological review/upgrade can add value to your projects and reduce geological risk during exploration, deposit evaluation and Resource extension drilling.
COMPETENT PERSON REPORTING
￼Dr. Sheppard can complete CP assignments independently or in association with larger consulting companies. His key CP Expertise is base metal and gold mineral deposits within sedimentary and volcanic host rocks including SEDEX, VHMS and structurally controlled gold deposits. His CP services include:
- Project Reporting to 43-101 and other world-wide standards.
- Internal Competent Person reports in the role of VP Exploration, Project Manager or Technical Advisor.
- Independent Competent Person reports to meet Stock Exchange requirements or provide opinion to financial investors and advisors.
MENTORING AND TRAINING
Virtually all consulting assignments have availed of opportunities for instruction and interaction tailored to meet the client’s upskilling needs. Workshops or shorter presentations are readily available during consulting assignments.
- Tailor-Made workshops on mineral deposit geology, systematic empirical geological study and the modelling of mineral deposits
- Field Based training in geological mapping and map compilation
- Underground mapping, 3-D compilation and sampling
- On-Site coaching on drill core logging, handling, photography, sampling and QA-QC